Pages

Wednesday 4 August 2021

Olympics!!!

                                                                          Kia ora

Today I am going to talk about the Olympics. 


The Olympics rings are red blue black yellow and green. The Olympics sports are:


Hockey

weightlifting

swimming

basketball

archery

rowing

volleyball

gymnastics

badminton

softball

handball and

football.

Those are some of them.


In the ancient Olympics only men and boys are allowed to compete in the olympics. Zeus and Hera are Gods of the Greeks. The Olympic Rings were created in 1913,

The five Olympic rings represent the 5 continents or parts of the world.








1 comment:

  1. Erika,

    You have a couple of Olympic sports listed, but the ones you have listed are some of the popular sports we do watch on T.V when the Olympics is on every four years.In ancient Greece it was a shame that only men and boys were allowed to participate it the Olympic games but this has not changed which is great for every one. My question to you is this 'why is it important that we still have the Olympic Games every four years ?'.
    Mr Brown

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.